Background

Monday, April 11, 2011

My trip to Colorado.

Let's just say it was one of the most adventurous trips I have ever had, but at the same time one of the most fun trips I have had:)... Aaron and I left for Colorado late Thursday night... It's only about four and half hours to get to Montrose, Colorado where Aaron grew up! We did so much in the two and half days we were there... His entire family made me feel so welcome! They are the most down to earth people I have ever met.... Aaron grew up with 8 siblings... His mom is one the sweetest ladies! I was so impressed with the much of a sweetheart she was... So calm with all 6 six boys!!! On Saturday, Aaron wanted to show me around Colorado and wanted me to see the things he grew up young doing... The first stop was Telluride... On the way there my car decided to break down:( I was super bummed and kind of in a bad mood about it, but of course Aaron and his super positive attitude said it was no big deal and we would worry about it later... His dad brought us out another car and we drove to out to Telluride... It was one of the prettiest places I have ever seen! The trees were prettier than anything in Utah and the cabin's up there were beautiful.. We walked around in the shops there and saw the town! We then went to Ouray.. Were we hiked a waterfall... I was kind of being a baby about it because there was so much snow, but of course aaron wanted to hike clear up the water falls... We took some pictures and froze, but it was still sooo much fun. After that we went to these natural hot springs there for a few hours! By the time we got home I was sooo tired, but had so much fun with Aaron.. Of course he still wanted to do more so his dad took us to this indoor shooting club place where Aaron, his dad, and I got to shoot some guns!!! That was my first time ever shooting a gun, but his dad was such a sweetheart and walked me through everything!! Aaron and his dad hit the target every time.. I struggled, but did I guess, ok for my first time. His brothers Mark and Micheal came over a few times that weekend with their cute families and just talked and hung out with us! They were super cool and put me on what they call the "hot seat" ... I had to answer honestly any questions they asked... Kind of scary, but thought it was fun!

It was such a fun weekend and I fell in love with the Tobler family.. They made me feel like I was at my own house.. the best part of this trip was the fact that it was just Aaron and I for a few days.. hanging out. We get so busy with our lives at home and don't always get to hang out like that so it was lots and lots of fun..

lots of good memories...A perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment